Thursday, May 31, 2012

Texas and 11 months


We were lucky enough to be able to spend the week with Lance's parents in Houston. Reagan and I enjoyed 4 days of shopping, splashing in the pool, and playing with cousins before Lance joined us on Friday. It was a busy, fun-filled week, so I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

First things first. I got made hair highlighted and cut. And then immediately got in the pool Goodbye curls!

 Reagan and I sporting our shades:

How lucky! A pool chair just her size.
 And just right for doing a little jig on.
 "Oh hey, Eve! I didn't know you lived here!"
And Grace, too! Some many friends, just her size

Sharon, Andrew, and Eve were kind enough to make the 5 hour drive down from Dallas so we could hang out a couple days. Reagan was so glad- Eve tells the best jokes!

 Reagan loved her floating starfish that her granddaddy bought for her! All the fun of swimming without any of the work!
 Eve was a little jealous, so Reagan let her have a turn, but she made me promise not to take any pictures.

On Friday night, we headed across Houston to drop in at my aunt and uncles house for dinner. The girls thought having a carseat buddy was the bee's knees!
 Eve did not appreciate having me as a car buddy quite as much.
 Reagan bonded with my cousin. She had to be held almost the whole night because their house was just full of delightful treasures that she could not wait to grasp with her grimy hands and stuff into her slimy mouth. It was fun.
 Back at her grandma's house, Reagan led the way out with a confident march!
 You'll notice in these pictures that Eve keeps trying to get Reagan's shoe on her foot. She never seemed to understand why it wouldn't work.
 Half of Reagan's cousins!
 Mumsy bought her a new book, which was apparently quite enthralling.

Toes in the water. 

Another great part about being at the grandparent's house- wagon rides!
 Good thing Cal and Grace were strong enough to hold on tight to the baby!


Bath time with the cousins! Just so we can make them feel awkward when they're older.

More wagon rides, with a bit of a redneck twist. 

Well that's all the pictures I got. It was great to be able to relax and spend some time with family, and Reagan and I both came back with nice tans. And we all came back with colds.

 Just before we left for Texas, Reagan turned 11 months. Because we were in between trips (and because I'm so excited for her birthday), I barely noticed. I didn't weigh her, although I'm pretty sure she has gained nothing. As far as new skills, the ones I can think of off the top of my head are walking everywhere- no more crawling, puts objects in containers, makes the Indian sound with a hand over her mouth, eats more real food than baby food, tries to run, plays with other children, very controlled falls, says "teddy" (te-deh, which I'm going to count as her first word because I know she knows what it means). She absolutely loves her teddies- she carries them everywhere and always brings them out of the crib every time she wakes up.
 When I went to get her up from her nap this morning, I couldn't help but notice how big she is. I can't believe she turns 1 in 3 weeks. She's all grown up! And I get to start weaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment