This weekend was one big non-stop party! With my 24th birthday on Saturday and Easter on Sunday, we were booked solid with fun activities. Lance and I kicked things off with a date on Friday night. La Jolla Groves and the Salt Lake Temple. We were going to see a movie, but I was really craving the peace and comfort you can only find in the temple, so we changed plans, and I'm so glad we did. We had a wonderful time.

Saturday morning Lance and Reagan got up early and made homemade waffles for my birthday breakfast. So delicious and fluffy! Reagan was especially pleased.
Then I couldn't wait any longer- time for presents!
Reagan read the cards while I did the opening.
A beautiful handmade scarf and necklace from my mother!
Shirts and the Nashville soundtrack from my mother-in-law! (My favorite show right now.)
And a gorgeous crystal pitcher from Lance and Reagan to replace the wedding gift one that I broke shortly after we got married.
Then it was on to some Easter activities. First up, coloring eggs! We were willing to let Reagan help until she spilled the green dye everywhere, and then she got to watch from her high chair.
Admiring the egg that she colored on with a crayon.
We love Easter Bunnies!
Moving on. All set for an Easter egg hunt!
She did a great job at finding them and calling out the colors.
Wheeeeeee!
After lunch, we didn't waste anytime moving right on to birthday cake! I was very proud of how my angel food cake turned out- yummy!
After a nap for Reagan (and Lance) we drove over Heritage Park at the This is the Place monument. We went there for the petting zoo, but there was so much more I had no idea about! We will definitely be going back. Reagan couldn't pick a favorite between the train,
the baby animals,
- careful, don't squish!-
or the pony rides! All were a huge hit.
We were sad to go, but we had to hurry to our next stop: Discovery Gateway Children's Museum!
We shopped,
rode,
rowed,
splashed,
built,
and piloted until we dropped!
By the time we left to go to Tucanos for dinner, Reagan was hungry, worn out, and over-stimulated enough that she had a mini meltdown.
Luckily, it didn't last long!
And there's nothing like some delicious food to make things better. By the time we finally left, it was almost Reagan's bedtime, and I thought for sure she would crash in the car. Luckily, we managed to keep her up by singing nursery rhymes all the way home, and she stayed happy and chipped until we could get her into the bath and bed. Lance and I were both exhausted by that point and wanted nothing more than to cuddle up, watch a redbox, and eat more cake, which is exactly what we did. The best ending to the best birthday ever. I'm glad I could spend the whole day having fun with the people I love most! I feel very spoiled :) 24 isn't so bad.



































No comments:
Post a Comment