Friday, June 3, 2016

A month of Maddie

Maddie's first month in this world was kind of a blur. Long nights, crying evenings. Trying to keep her awake to eat. But she's so sweet! How could I possibly mind?
She always falls asleep when I'm burping her. 
I'm not much of a baby wearer, but when the baby won't stop crying even in her swing and your husband is at church meetings and your kids want dinner (even thought you swear you JUST fed them lunch), you do what you have to. 

The girls stayed busy and kept themselves entertained, mostly inside because we had a very cold and wet spring.


We did have a warm day or two.

Remnants of a big hailstorm! About nickel sized hail. Luckily didn't do too much damage to the garden.

We had a wonderful Mother's Day. Lance spoiled me and got me a gift card to H&M and an entire Oreo cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. Does that dude know me or what? Meagan and Grace came for dinner. I can't remember much else... everything fades together.
So so grateful for these girls that made me a mom! Getting a picture of all 3 of them together with me proved to be to great a task.


Sister snuggles!

Pictures from her one month birthday. Yes they are awful but she spent basically the entire day sleeping, if I recall correctly. 
At one month, Maddie weighed 9 lbs 9 oz, could hold up her head well and bear her weight on her legs, slept 5-6 hour stretches at night, took lots of naps, nursed 8-9 times a day, wore newborn clothes and size 1 diapers.

We got out one Friday to go to the chalk art festival in Bountiful. Our first family outing besides church, I believe, and it went well. It was just me and the girls for the first while before Lance met us, and I did it! When I had to feed Maddie, the girls stayed right by and watched and artist working. Reagan was enthralled. 

The next day was our niece Grace's dance recital in Park City, but since Reagan had a gymnastics practice at the same time as the show we had tickets to, we decided to split up. I took the little girls to the afternoon one and Lane took Reagan to the evening one. It was stressful trying to keep Maddie quiet and I ended up basically nursing her the entire time. But Grace did such a great job!



Her first smile on camera! She started smiling around 5 weeks, and it's freaking adorable. 
All dolled up for church.

This may have been the first time she noticed the mobile in her swing; hence, the confusion. 

Seriously, she kills me!! That tiny little butt!

Reagan's new favorite sister because Maddie doesn't steal her toys.

Love that swaddle. I highly recommend the Miracle blanket.


Post-bath ducky towel and standing up!

Smiles!!
And I don't think I could come up with anything cuter than that to end with :).

No comments:

Post a Comment