Because the Brunsons were here for Easter this year, we were able to have a big family celebration!
Madelyn had her first encounter with the Easter Bunny at Smiths and handled it pretty well. She was content with the plastic egg her gave her to chew on and didn't even miss the candy inside.
Daryn had an egg hunt at school on Friday and it was predictably adorable.
Saturday we really kicked things into high gear. Meagan and Grace came down for the day, too, and we had oodles of fun.
Joy brought sugar cookies for the girls to frost. I was impressed with how many different colors of frosting she was willing to make and also by how un-messy it was.
While we were frosting Daddy was hiding eggs, and soon it was time to go find them!
How cute are these girls??
Maddie ricked her first egg hunt!
She was happy enough just with the eggs...
But what joy to discover there were puffs inside!
The other girls were extremely successful in their search, too.
And then it was time to color eggs! No major disasters this year and we didn't even break any!
After all that excitement we had a fairly quiet dinner at Cracker Barrel, then we had to hurry home to put out our baskets for the Easter Bunny!
Easter morning we were all up early.
Time to go find where he hid the baskets!
The only picture of the girls before church- with 9 am church there just isn't time!
I was speaking in Sacrament Meeting so I couldn't be late. I really enjoyed the opportunity to talk about serving others as we celebrated Christ's resurrection. And I was glad Lance's parents were there to help keep the girls quiet. Maddie started yelling for me when she saw me on the stand and Joy had to take her out for most of the meeting.
Quick family pictures after church.
My beautiful centerpiece tulips that I cut from my flower beds! They were especially gorgeous this year.
After church Stuart and Genevieve's family and Meagan and Grace joined us for Easter dinner- a delicious feast featuring prime rib a la Lance. The kids went a little crazy in the backyard while the adults got to talk in the kitchen. I love being able to spend holidays with family!










































No comments:
Post a Comment