Monday, August 29, 2016

Summer play

Once again, the last month has been crazy fun and busy! Reagan had two more weeks of art camp that she totally rocked.

Maddie started bouncing and got even more adorable, if possible.



The garden has gotten kind of out of control and we have been loving it. Enjoying some garden fresh pasta primavera! And a yummy cantaloupe. 

The neighbors girls put on a week long summer camp for little kids and it was basically the best thing that's ever happened to me. Also they loved it and Daryn is hilarious. I've watched this video like a hundred times. It's compulsive. 

On Pioneer Day we went to Layton's Taste of the Town which honestly was kind of disappointing but the girls did get to participate in a dart gun war which was fun for them.

Then that evening we has a neighborhood bbq with a huge aerial fireworks display thanks to some friends that really shelled out! The girls especially loved it since they had their ear protection on.


Match girls, one happy and one grumpy (she didn't want to eat her vegetables).


I'm sorry, I'm just a little obsessed with her! So chunky and adorable and squishy.


They crashed after an afternoon of swimming. They don't sleep much in the car so I love it when they do.

Planetarium and then fountains at Gateway with Christy. The girls love little Sterling!

One Saturday Lance took Daryn and Reagan fishing up near Mirror Lake with Meagan and Grace.




Afterwards we met them at the Fairy Forest.

 Daryn loved walking Grace's dog Wilson around so much. She was a natural! It was so cute.

Daryn's grumpy thundercloud face. It kills me.

Lance loves to take the girls to the park when I need a little break or Madelyn is napping.


One night for family night I asked who wanted to do the lesson and the girls both said "we do!" and then did a lesson about families and how important they are! It was so sweet and I was kind of shocked at how well they did.

We went to the county fair. The girls got to ride ponies and both of their ponies pooped at the same time. They thought it was hilarious. 

They got to pet a silver fox, which was pretty cool, and some spotted pigs.
And a snake.

The theme was pirates and they had these big play ships set up. Lots of fun!


We had our ward campout and the girls immediately got very dirty. Naturally. 


It was a beautiful evening and a gorgeous moonrise right before bed.

The big girls did great. They went right to sleep and we didn't hear from them again until 8 am. 
Maddie, on the other hand, was cold and wouldn't sleep unless she was nursing which was kind of difficult in a little sleeping bag so around 2 am she and I went to the car and spent the rest of the night there. Better luck next time, hopefully. 

I love these girls all dressed up for church!


Lance dropped his wedding ring down the elevator shaft at work after taking it off to work out. We were so sad but he talked to the maintenance people and got it back a couple days later. I was so happy when he sent me this picture!

Last week we visited This is the Place with Christy and Sterling. Train rides and Indian dances. 



Pony rides and petting zoos and rope swings.
They both got up all by themselves and I was pretty impressed.

Later that day we went up to Pineview Reservoir. We had reserved a campsite earlier in the summer, but decided we didn't quite have it in us to spend the night. So instead we just played on the beach, then went back to our campsite and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and starbursts, and left when it got dark. A fun evening and we got to sleep in our own beds!

Daryn made sand angels.

And last but not least, we wrapped up the summer with an early birthday dinner with Meagan at Cheesecake Factory. So glad we got to celebrate with her and Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment