Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Daryn Age 4

I can't believe this sweet face is 4! I still think of Reagan as 4! 4 is big, and she is so little!

The girl has more darling personality packed into one tiny body than anyone I've ever met. She is universally adored by anyone that knows her. She loves to snuggle and give hugs and kisses and we get in fights a lot about who loves each other more. She knows what she wants and has a strong sense of justice. She is very determined. Her confidence in her abilities and skills is growing daily. Sometimes she has to be encouraged to try new things but she almost always loves whatever it was afterwards. She is very cautious by nature until she is sure about something. She is a great big sister to Maddie but fights for her place a lot with Reagan- she sees herself as Reagan's equal but Reagan does not so much. She gets very attached to people. Daryn loves being read to, coloring, building things, and helping me with whatever I'm doing (especially laundry and cooking). She's known her letters and numbers for ages and is learning now to write them right now and starting to read. Her new favorite things are riding her bike (it was hard for her at first, but now she rocks it) and racing cars down the driveway with Reagan. She does not have a sweet tooth and it's not unusual for her to not even finish a serving of dessert. She loves to sleep and asks for a nap almost everyday. She is definitely growing- she fills out size 4t clothes and pull-ups nicely (but still has tiny feet in size 6). At her doctors appointment pictured above, she weighted in at 30 lbs (10%) and 38.5 (15%) inches tall. She got all her  kindergarten shots (a year early) and put on a brave face. Poor girl has got the short end of the stick with the number of times she has been poked in her life. She is overall very healthy and strong and is handling the challenges she has in life very well. 

Some questions I asked Daryn:
1. What is your favorite color? Blue
2. What is your favorite toy? LEGOS
3. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberry
4. What is your favorite tv show or movie? Word World
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Grilled cheese sandwiches
6. What is your favorite game? Hungry Hungry Hippos
7. What is your favorite snack? Cheese crackers
8. What is your favorite animal? Zebras
9. What is your favorite song? Give Said the Little Stream 
10. What is your favorite book? The Carwash One. The Scrubbly Bubbly Carwash 
11. Who is your best friend? Reagan
12. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom or Dad? Jump on the tramp
13. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Jump on the tramp
14. What is your favorite drink? Lemonade 
15. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
16. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Sunny and Tutu Bear
17. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Eggies
18. What is something Mommy always says ? Clean up
19. What do you want to be when you grow up? A doctor. And a teacher. 
20. I am very proud because... I don't know. I can't think of anything.
21. I am afraid of...monsters and bad guys.
22. Name one thing you do really well? Cleaning up.
23. What is your favorite time of day? Reading bookses. 
24. What makes you feel sad? When you hit me. (I don't hit her!)
25. What makes you feel happy? When you give me ice cream
26. Where do you want to go on vacation? Disneyland!
27. What is your favorite cereal? Frosted Flakes with marshmallows

Daryn is just the most incredible kid I have ever met. We are so lucky to have her in our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment