Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Summer things

In what feels like the few short days we've had at home so far this summer, we have packed in the fun!

Right after Trek we had a fun Fathers' Day with literally the best guy ever. He is the greatest dad in the world! His kids love him so much. (So do I.) 



We had a quiet day at home, enjoying his requested zupa toscana and apple pie. As part of his gift, I scheduled a couples massage for us a few hours after we got home from Trek. Best idea ever. Lance actually mentioned it offhand awhile back and I followed through!

Over the past few weeks we've had an exciting bird saga in our backyard. We first noticed an empty nest in our little pear tree, and then small blue robin's eggs started appearing one by one. The girls were thrilled and we gave mama bird plenty of space while still keeping an eye on it. A couple weeks later 3 little babies showed up! One egg didn't hatch. 
Unfortunately, a few days after they hatched, we found two baby birds at the base of the tree next to the nest, and one missing. A vicious cat attack! We placed the babies and the nest back in the tree and hoped for the best, but two days later found the same things, with another baby missing. With just one baby left, and mom and dad bird still hanging around, we moved the nest to a box and secured it to the top of our monkey bars where the stupid cat couldn't reach. Sadly, the little guy didn't make it and passed away the next day. We had a little funeral the next evening. The girls were heartbroken, and Lance and I weren't thrilled either, but we felt like we did everything we could. A good lesson on how nature works, I guess. Stupid cat. 

The girls have been loving swim lessons every day. Reagan is learning how to dive. 

Maddie loves chillin like a villian on the side with me. 

She also started Mommy and Me gymnastics last week and is ridiculously adorable in her little leo, but terrible at following instructions. (She is too young for the class, but it's something to keep us busy while her sisters are in their classes). 

Family picnics and bike rides at the park! I'm loving that the girls are big enough for that. 

And Maddie thinks she is just one of the big kids- she insisted on a turn on Daryn's bike and actually almost fit it. 

Dinner at Cracker Barrel
 I know it's a lot of the same pic but her smiles seriously kill me. I cannot get enough of her!

We've been spending lots of afternoons at the library summer events, too!
 The girls really enjoyed getting buried in the soda can boxes. 

This is exciting because I looked down and Maddie was coloring for the first time! Not just eating the crayon. 

Been staying busy so far and I don't expect that to change over the next month. These girls keep me on my toes!

1 comment: