After Dixie's blessing and a Sacrament meeting, it was time to break camp. Everyone besides Meagan and Grace were leaving that day. We were headed to Amarillo to spend a few days at Sharon's house! We were a little nervous because their AC wasn't working but luckily it was fixed the next morning.
We spent Monday at Paulo Duro Canyon, which was pretty cool. Hot, but the kids still had a lot of fun running around.
Gorgeous views!
I told you. Besties. Through thick and thin.
And his other bestie. Yes, he wanted 8-month pregnant Aunt Sharon to carry him instead of me.
Time for some mac and cheese! I think this was the only time we cooked dinner.
Aunt Sharon's house is so much fun!
Blade loved cruising slowly on giant Chase so much.
So we loaded up all the riding toys and took them to the empty church gym to play.
After we got home, Blade experienced his first car crash. Going 2 mph. He was distressed. Luckily for him, the damage to both vehicles was minimal.
Sprinklers and more cotton candy. It was HOT.
Sharon and I were both so worn out, we set the kids up with Netflix in the playroom and watched Heartland in the living room. It worked pretty well. We also ate lots of takeout. At she least she had a good excuse. I'm a little embarrassed.
On the last night, we introduced Eve and Reagan to Sgt Bilko. A classic but maybe a little over their heads.
Then we were off to Denver. We love the shorter 6-7 hour drives! Dixie was thrilled to see Grandpa again.
And the Colorado sky put on a spectacular show.
Hope Travis gets used to a baby girl pretty quick cause he's got one now! We were just one week too early to meet Eric and Cassidy's baby girl.
I took the girls on a bike ride to my old stomping grounds at Josh's pond and the railroad tracks.
Lance drove and met us with the little kids while Dixie napped.
Dixie loves Grandma! We all do.
I got to visit one of my best friends that I grew up with. It was so nice to social distance with Mindy!
After just a day and half, it was time to head home. We packed up that dang car one last time and pushed through.
We were so glad to be home after neatly 3 weeks! We're grateful that everything and everyone was safe and the kids were such good travelers. (Thank heavens for a car dvd player.) We're never leaving again! Don't tell Blade. He asks to go to Mimi's, Gigi's, and Mamaw's (Grandma) homes every day.






























No comments:
Post a Comment