When I found out that my sweet niece Eve and my brand new baby nephew Seth were getting baptized and blessed on the same weekend, I knew I couldn't miss it. Originally I was just going to take Blade with me (that whole nursing thing is hard to get away from...) but after some thought I decided to take Reagan also. She's old enough to be pretty independent and I knew she would love it. When I realized how expensive and long flights to Lubbock were, we decided to fly to Denver and then hitch a ride with my parents instead. It ended up being a lot of fun, and then only downside was the very early flight there and very late flight back. Blade and Reagan were both great travel
companions!
It was so cute sitting next to him in the middle seat and watching him sleep.
We got into Amarillo late afternoon on Friday. We got to stop and see the Smith's new house there that they had just closed on that morning. We spent a couple hours in Amarillo and hit up Donut Stop before driving the rest of the way to Amarillo. When we got there, I realized Blade felt pretty warm and after taking his temp, I took his helmet off. They can't wear it when they have a fever, and his persisted for the rest of the weekend, so he got a few days off.
We knew Lubbock was supposed to get a storm that night, but we were not prepared for what actually happened. We woke up to about 6 inches of the white stuff with another few on the way that morning.
This was the view from Mom and Dad's hotel.
The kids loved it but it wasn't ideal for a city with no snowplows or 4 wheel drive. Eve's baptism had to be pushed back 45 minutes or so till everyone could get there and my dad carted everyone back and forth in his 4Runner (love that trusty car).
Sharon and I stayed behind with the babies for the last trip. It was so peaceful and quiet! They enjoyed the bonding time.
Then they helped each other be brave on the snowy drive.
The baptisms went off without a hitch once they finally got started. We're so proud of Eve!
Post baptism/treats wildness. It happens a lot.
Later that day was Eve's party with cake and presents. So much fun and craziness!
Even though the roads were clear at that point, they ended up canceling church on Sunday. So they did Seth's blessing at home. A little disappointing maybe but also a lot easier, especially since we had to leave right after.
Best grandparents!
Favorite aunts!
Side note: Despite these boys being more than 6 months apart, they are the same size (actually Seth is a little bigger). Seth is off the charts on the top and Blade is off the charts on the bottom.
The whole group. Such a fun visit.
Meanwhile back at home, Lance, Maddie, and Daryn went just sitting around at home moping. After Daryn totally styled it up with her socks at school on Friday, they had open gym night at their gymnastics.
Then on Saturday, Lance took them to the aquarium and then to see the new Grinch movie.
Matchie-matchies for church on Sunday and then yummy hot chocolate before bed.
We made it through the last leg of our trip and got home around 1 am. Poor Reagan was so tired at school that day.
































No comments:
Post a Comment