We had an absolutely lovely Christmas here in Layton this year. It's always fun to go visit our families, but traveling adds a lot of stress. We were happy to take a year off!
Lots of things that apparently I didn't take pics of? I guess I'm slacking. We kicked off the holiday on Sunday. Lance sang in the choir at church, leaving me to watch all 4 kids (and the 2 in front of us). We managed. Sunday evening was my extended family's Christmas party in Salt Lake where the kids went crazy playing with all their second cousins. I barely saw them but we were happy to visit with the adults. It snowed that night, so first thing Christmas Eve morning Lance took the girls sledding while I made a yummy breakfast and then he took them to the aquarium while I cleaned the house. They were worn out! Daryn also wasn't feeling well- we've just been trading colds around for a few weeks. We started the evening very early since the kids were tired and I wanted them in bed soon- there was lots to do! We read lots of Christmas books while Lance made grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner. Then I had the girls gather all the stuffed versions of the animals that played a part in the Nativity (with some liberties taken) and Reagan acted out all the parts herself while Lance read. Daryn just wanted to rest on the couch and Maddie refused to participate.
Afterwards was Christmas jammies, stockings, cookies for Santa- how did I not document any of this??
Then it was off to bed! Maddie had a rash on her nose and insisted on wearing a band-aid over her nostrils.
After some work by Lance and I while we watched It's a Wonderful Life (Lance's first viewing- how?), we were all ready for Santa to come! Before:
During:
After!
The girls slept solid until around 7:15.
Reagan and Daryn both asked for American girls dolls- Reagan Molly and Daryn, Kirsten. They were thrilled to find that Santa came through!
Maddie asked for "a green present" and the big guy brought her two!
Because of some snooping, Santa brought the older girls nothing but coal in their stockings (coal silly putty and candy, that is) and a warning that they were almost on the naughty list. They were still pretty happy with it.
Blade slept a little later and then had to eat, but when he finally got a chance to check out his Santa gift, he was head over heels!
And Reagan discovered than Santa had also left her a magical bell from his sleigh.
After breakfast, it was time to open the rest of the gifts.
Blade's first present! He was a fan of the giant bow.
Maddie and Daryn chose their presents from Reagan to open first and were thrilled with them.
Lots of crafts from Mom and Dad this year and the girls couldn't be happier.
And some new clothing!
Later that afternoon, Meagan, Grace, and Wilson came.
And Brent, Joy, and Mumsy arrived right at dinnertime after traveling all day.
Time for presents round 2! Maddie was thrilled to show off a gift to Wilson and the girls all love their Magic Pads.
Since Grace was sleeping in their room, Daryn made a little bed on the floor for herself and an even littler one for Kirtsen.
The next day we were all in a little bit of a holiday hangover but the kids all had fun playing with their new gifts- no one more than Blade!
We were all worn out from the fun!
We also potty-trained Maddie. It..went. Could have gone worse. She's doing pretty well.
After spending Wednesday and Thursday around the house not doing much, on Friday we had to get out. Lance took the big girls ice skating and then we got to go on a date. Aquaman and Zupas!
On Saturday, as we were taking down Christmas, I revisited my favorite Christmas card from an elderly friend of Lance's family.
"Your family seems to increase at an astonishing rate. Congratulations!" Ain't that the truth. Merry Christmas!












































No comments:
Post a Comment