Sunday, December 23, 2018

Blade 9 months



Why is this face so cute????





This past month, Blade grew his first two teeth! Little ones on the bottom, one right after the other. He likes to chomp with them, and has gotten me a few times while nursing. He can sit up for long periods of time on his own, rolls everywhere, and army crawls forward if there is something he really wants. He still wears mostly size 6 month clothes and size 3 diapers. He was the same height as he was 3 months ago- 27.5 inches- literally hasn't gown at all. So instead of 85%, he was now 23%. The doctor said it was probably a mistake in measuring but I know it's not because he hasn't outgrown any of his clothes. His weight was 16.5 lbs (5%). It was very frustrating because before we went to Lubbock he was over 17 lbs but when he was sick he lost his appetite and over a pound with it. He still hasn't gained it all back. He loves his baby food and eats about 6-7 containers a day, plus nurses 4 times. He doesn't mind his helmet at all, and had made 2+ millimeters of progress towards his 11 mm difference in measurements (anything under 5 is considered normal). He still loves his sleep and often takes long (2.5+ hour) naps and sleeps over 12 hours at night. He loves his sisters as long as they aren't too wild with him. He cries when someone else (especially me) does. He also likes to play by himself. Sometimes when I'm doing laundry upstairs I'll just set him in his room with his little toy box and he will play contentedly for 20+ minutes. 

He's loves his daily wash-the-helmet-sweat-off bath. 

I'm sorry but I seriously cannot get enough of sleeping baby bums. 

Seriously dino Christmas jammies and baby mittens? You're killing me, Smalls. 

He also got his first real haircut (besides when we trimmed the hair around his ears to tape them when he was a newborn). I forgot we were going to do it until he was already in the bath. 

Before:

During:
 He was so chill and it didn't bother him at all. 

 All done! Lance just trimmed the sides, not the top. 

Self-censoring.

Cute hair, Blade!

"Mom I can't help that I'm the cutest ever!"

The kid does love his food. Wish he had a little bigger appetite. 

What a pleasant, sweet baby he is. We love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment