Sunday, December 23, 2018

The things kids do

When I go through my phone, I'm reminded of all the silly, adorable, naughty, impressive, smart things my kids do on a regular basis. This post is dedicated to that. 

Daryn has decided she's big enough to hold Blade. He doesn't mind.


Reagan drew this picture at school and then the Jh high kids sculpted their drawing and gave it to them. I love this "unicorn" so much.

Reagan made herself a reindeer costume.

Daryn is just stunningly beautiful.

Maddie can draw! Who knew? Turns out she can draw suns.


The older girls worked really hard on their drawings that week too. 

Maddie has decided she wants to suck her fingers like Daryn. (Please no.) I told her to take them out one day in the car, so she just held them right in front of her face for several minutes. 

Maddie: "Mom, my pants have skirts on them!"

Daryn's self-portrait. Looks just like her.

We took all the kids to Home Depot a few weekends ago to build Santa's sleigh and reindeer. Reagan did most of her's on her own. 


Cheese!

Blade trying to scoot away from Daddy at church. Go, Blade, go!

Maddie was sobbing on the floor for a good 10 minutes about something ridiculous. Can't even remember what now. 

She made her bed very specifically and then wiggled her way carefully into a tiny spot without disturbing her animals. 

Reagan's contribution to her class's poetry book.

That face when he bites you and you get mad at him. Ultimate betrayal. 

Why are they so pretty??

 Little man is all smiles.

Maddie does this new thing in nursery every week where she tells her leaders that she HAS to go potty (she's not potty trained). So every week they come get back, she saunters back to nursery, and I have to help her sit on the little potty while she does not pee. 

She thinks it's so fun.

Reagan memorized all 13 Articles of Faith this year! She passed the last one off last week and got this little card. She was so proud of herself (and we are too!). Daryn also passed off the first 8. Not too shabby!

Maddie's hair looked gorgeous when I took her bun out. 

The girls had their dress rehearsal and dance recital last week. We are proud of what great dancers they are! 


Reagan is doing Irish dance this year.

All ready to go backstage!

I think they only do it for the flowers afterwards...

Reagan had a fun Polar Express program at school last week. Her class danced, sang, and played instruments. You can her in the middle waving in this picture. 

I helped in Daryn's class with all the Christmas activities on Thursday, the last day of school. Maddie had a great time pretending to be a big kid. 

Things went great until she had a massive explosive diarrhea all over her shirt and pants. It took me a good 10 minutes to clean her up in the little kindergarten bathroom and this onesie was this only clothing I had in my diaper bag for her. A little ghetto but she rocked it. 

On Friday morning Reagan had her first piano recital. She played Jolly Old St Nicholas and Jingle Bells (which she memorized). She's picking up the piano fast!

It was warm enough for the kids to play outside one day and I heard them screaming for me. How does this even happen, Daryn?

Blade learned to sit up and take off his pants during naptime in one fell swoop! Walked into find this grinning at me. 

We love these incredible kids of ours! Most of the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment