Tuesday, March 29, 2022

New Mexico, New Year

We were so excited to drive to NM on the 27th. Sadly, things did not go exactly as planned...

Just a couple hours left in our 14 hour drive and Daryn starts complaining that she doesn't feel well. She had a fever and cough. When we got in, we gave her some Tylenol and put her straight to bed. She slept for 13 hours and woke up completely fine. 

Meanwhile, Dixie was just happy to be out of the car. 


Within the next couple days, Blade and then Maddie got symptoms. Fever and throwing up. Maddie recovered pretty quickly but Blade was like a roller coaster, one minute fine and the next not, for the rest of the week. 

We managed to fit some fun in anyways. The cousins got a cool present from Gigi and Granddad. 


We were a little nervous with Daryn driving so we followed her with the emergency cord in our hand.

Maddie did NOT like driving or really even riding. She preferred her scooter. 




And Dixie was just fine riding her horse.

Gigi had some fun things for the girls cousins to look through.

And then the boys got there! Everything is more fun with cousins. 


Time for Brunson Christmas!


Blade was feeling well enough to participate, although he wasn't his typical chipper self. 

These cardboard toys were such fun!
And this dress up stuff too!

The girls loved trying on fake nails. For about 5 minutes. 

Bath fun!

Dixie loved her new things. Boots, bear, and a flower crown. 

She was also obsessed with the foot massager and rocking chairs.

Meagan and Joy took the kids to see Sing 2. They loved it. 



I started feeling unwell about halfway through the trip. I even had to miss dinner at the club, again. Lance took all the kids with his family. 







By the time we hit New Years, I was super sick. Fever, chills, aches, exhaustion. We had to tone down the party plans. Blade was a mess again. 


Dixie was just there for the food and Gigi was nice enough to put it low so she could help herself. 

Girl was ready to party!

The kids had fun and played a few games. 


We had a countdown early. Most of the adults were not feeling well. The big girls wanted to stay up till midnight. I think they did. I went to bed. 

Reagan said this confetti looked like Ariel and I love it. 

Sparklers!

We were drove home the next day. I was finally feeling better, enough to get my last couple of miles of walking in before Jan 1st. My mom, Sharon, and I had the goal to walk 2,021 miles in 2021. We did it, but barely. When I got home, I got Covid tested. Positive. All the other adults had it too. This explains a lot. We were all recovered a week or two later and glad to have it over with. Can only go up from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment