The next day, we stopped in Cozumel. We had a great excursion planned- driving powerboats and laying on the beach.
We hopped on the boats and sped over to another beach to snorkel and swim.
Unfortunately, while walking on the beach, I was stung by a baby sting ray. It hurt sooooooooo bad. At first I thought it was a jellyfish, but it was bleeding everywhere. The tour guide said it should stop hurting in 20-30 minutes, and we drove the boats back. It was a very painful ride, and it definitely did NOT stop hurting, so they decided to take me to the hospital. Yep. I ended up in a Mexican hospital on our cruise. I use the word "hospital" loosely. The guide drove us there, and the doctor looked at my foot and decided there was probably a piece of the sting ray still in there. So they gave me a painkiller shot to the butt and then I got to watch them dig around in there with a needle until they got it. Of course, I was still in my bathing suit and completely covered in sand. It was very uncomfortable.
Once they got the piece out they stuck my foot in a tub of hot water to help the venom decompose.
After a while of soaking, it finally stopped hurting enough for us to
leave. Of course, they gave us prescriptions for like 4 different drugs-
painkillers and antibiotics. Luckily, the tour we were on covered the cost of the drugs and to hospital bill. But we missed the rest of the excursion and barely made it back to the boat. My foot bruised up, and even though its healing it still hurts a little. It only dampened the cruise a little, and now we have a great story!
















what the!?????????????? hahahahahahahhahaha
ReplyDelete