Sunday, October 7, 2012

Oregon Part I: The Beach

Wow. Lots to write about. Its been a very busy couple of weeks! Reagan and I flew into Portland Wednesday night (the 19th). The next morning, we headed to the beach with Jamie, Darci, and Jarret. After a stop to pick some blackberries by the side of the road, we grabbed some lunch at a little beachside diner. A good reminder why I don't go out to eat without Lance- Reagan was a handful!
 At the beach parking lot, all Reagan wanted to do was chase the birds. Which was just as well, because it was windy and very cold!
 She loved playing in the sand, and scooping it out as fast as Darci could put it in the bucket. Reagan thought she was helping, but Darci was not amused.
 Reagan did great at not eating the sand, until she was crawling through it and thought it would be fun to faceplant in it and get a good taste. Turns out, it wasn't fun.

 Trying to work up the courage to let the waves touch her.
 When she finally did, she was so shocked at the cold the she sat right down! I, being the excellent mother that I am, continued to take the picture while I reached down to grab her.
 Cold but beautiful! Just like me :) oh wait....

1 comment:

  1. you are the best mom! besides my mom. and the mom i'll be. and heavenly mother. and the mom reagan will be.

    ReplyDelete