Monday morning Reagan and made the long trip to Dallas to see Sharon, Andrew, and Eve. Our flight left Portland around 10 am and didn't get in until after 6 pm. It was a long day, but Reagan did pretty good, considering.
First things first. We stopped to eat on the way home at this amazing burger joint. Although, I think anything would been delicious at the point- I had eaten practically nothing the entire day. I tried to take a good family picture for them, but Eve vetoed that.
Twice!
Reagan and I did a little better, but that's only because she'd been practicing.
Bright and early the next day, we headed out to the Dallas Zoo!
It was hot hot hot.
Too hot even for the animals, apparently. We didn't see many, so Reagan learned to appreciate what we did see. Here she is, intently observing the flamingos.
The best part was definitely the children's area. Reagan got to ride a pony!
And play with a little lamb statue while Eve was petting the goats!
Ugh sideways pictures. I don't want to talk about it. Turn your computer and see us sitting on a turtle statue.
The alligators were another big hit with this girl.
Hi rhino! Please don't hurt us!
These girls were so tired, they both finally conked out around lunch time, which was great, because we were able to eat in peace. Unfortunately, Reagan only slept about a half hour.
Ok, I lied. The best part was probably getting to feed the giraffes. The Dallas Zoo is cool! (Not literally)
Reagan thought it was so funny when it licked her hand.
Final top 3 moment: riding the merry-go-round!
Of course, the girls stayed awake all the way home, then fell asleep again just a few minutes before we got to my grandma's house for dinner. Typical.
#1. you let your child put her hand over an alligator cage? fierce
ReplyDelete#2. you are looking thinny minnie skinny. congrats.
#3. i miss you
#4. thank you for entertaining me at work. i love all the posts.