I don't feel like doing a separate April Fools post, so I'm just gonna squeeze it in right here. Plenty of time for pranks since it was still Spring Break. The kids pulled off some awesome ones this year. They woke up early and turned all the pictures in the house upside down! They also put bubble wrap under the rugs and hid rubber duckies in all the kitchen drawers. I was finding them for days. I got my revenge with food!
"Fried eggs" (peaches and yogurt) for breakfast.
This one was by far my favorite. I've been waiting for months just for this.
Then he called me, sad that he missed her first steps. Which was also a prank. Did he learn nothing??
No prank here, but the kids had a playdate at some friends' house (Blade's first one!), and I got to spend a couple hours sorting clothes uninterrupted.
Maybe the joke's on me, because that is my least favorite thing. I could have taken a nap or something.
I forgot to get good pictures before, but we had cupcakes (meatloaf) for dinner and meatloaf (cocoa rice crispies) for dessert.
With some refreshing fruit punch! (Jello)
We had some extra time after dinner so we took the kids on a walk and did some fishing. Beautiful evening!
On Friday, we started our Easter celebrations early! We used tons of food coloring this year and got super vibrant eggs. And no spills! A first?
Saturday and Sunday were General Conference. It was great to be home and have lots of family time and spiritual time. Egg hunt with our neighbor friend on Saturday!
"Now I eat it, right?"
The other kids made short work of it, except for one on the fence that it took them a good 10 minutes to find. And like 5 others that I even forgot about. We just found one a couple days ago.
Dixie was content to spectate after getting one egg for each hand.
Some of those eggs were tricky to get out!
We enjoyed conference on Saturday and the kids were up bright and early on Sunday to find their baskets! And by bright and early, I mean around 8.
Woah! And new helmets for everyone!
Dixie finally finished her milky and was ready to check out hers.
"Check out these yogurt melts! My favorite!'
Plenty of time to get dressed before conference and the kids cooperated great so I could get some adorable pictures. Happy Easter to me!
More of Dixie because honestly. This face.
And this pic makes me laugh so hard. Silly girl.
Meagan and Grace came after lunch and it was so fun to hang out with them. Can't beat being with family and celebrating Jesus!
And thanks for taking a pic of me Meagan!
Thanks to Lance for most of the meal. The lamb roast he made was to die for.
Happy Easter!


























































No comments:
Post a Comment