Sunday, May 16, 2021

My birthday

 Early birthday present (and the closest thing we had to a date in March or April): Covid shots!

Apparently our Congressman was visiting at the same time. What's up, Blake Moore!


Here we go! No side effects except very sore arm for a couple days and fatigue after the second one. What a blessing that these were produced so quickly.

I also got to experience the joy of giving (although I think the was earlier in the month). Maybe kind of weird but I love donating blood. Needles don't bother me at all. Lots of pokes this month! 

My actual birthday was pretty good. Lance's partner had Crumble delivered which was super nice and delish. And I made myself a birthday cake, which was also delish.
 

Tucanos with the kids for dinner. They love it as much as we do now. Then Lance took the kids to watch the fountains while I did some quick shopping in Old Navy. Scored these adorable jams for Blade.

Back home for presents and cake. They really spoiled me this year!

I gotta say, 32 doesn't feel much different. Starting a new phase, though! I weaned Dixie the week before my birthday and we're waving goodbye to the baby phase. I'm not sorry to see the tail end of pregnancy and breastfeeding (44 and 66 months, respectively) but I sure will miss the baby snuggles. Bring on the tween years! Hopefully the next decade will be less hormonal, for me at least. Probably not for the up-and-coming teenagers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment